Many thanks to all of you for being a part of this fledgling STBNY community. You’re all invited to celebrate with me at a tasting this Saturday, November 14, from 5-7 pm at Heights Chateau in Brooklyn Heights, 123 Atlantic Avenue. I’ll be pouring some cool wines from one of my favorite importers, Savio Soares, and serving a few choice snacks. My über-talented friend Sarah of Blossom and Branch will be providing some floral accompaniments. Here’s the line up:
1. Sébastien Brunet “Le Naturel” NV sparkling Vouvray: An appley, lightly fizzy alternative to Champagne.
2. Agapé Pinot Blanc 2007: Your go-to, go-with-anything white for the holidays.
3. Latitude 50 Nektar Dornfelder 2007: Soft, light, and a lot of fun — proof that Germans do indeed have a sense of humor.
4. Mouressipe Cuvée Càcous: You’ve never had a red like this before. Trust me.
5. Castell-Reynoard Bandol 2006: The dark and brooding side of Provence.
Each of these wines would be a great addition to your holiday roster, and they’re all under $25. Come on out — I’d love to see you!